Fire Escapes & Steel Doorsets Installation
For compliance to BS9999, fire escapes should be serviced and inspected every 6 months. This may also be a stipulation of your building insurance, your lease agreement or part of your Fire risk assessment for your fire exits to be maintained.
Fire Escapes generally are only tested weekly, used in an emergency, but there are some which are used constantly as a means to enter a building so the components will be subject to greater wear and tear. This is where the design and specification are critical to ensure that the right product is installed to ensure it matches the operational needs.
Fire escapes need to be –
- Robust to be able to handle the usage
- Easy to open
- Provide security when closed
- Be self-closing / locking
- Withstand weather and environment
All fire escapes are designed into various sec• tional styles and glazed using a variety of different glass types. These range from:
- laminated safety glass (thickness of 6.4mm, 10.8mm, 11.5mm or 13.5mm)
- anti-bandit glazing that is required for Jewellery shops (thickness of 10mm or 12mm)
- toughened glass
- tinted glass available in different shades
- energy-saving double glazed units
All aluminium profile shopfronts are coloured using an in-house powder coating facility, with over 200+ RAL colour choices.
This way you can choose a colour to suit individual preferences as well as corporate colours and brand requirements.
Environmentally friendly – Aluminium is recyclable, making it a good choice if you and your business are concerned about the environment. Most aluminium in fact already contains a high percentage of recycled metal, but this does not detract in any way from its strength, durability, or versatility.
- Anti-burglary locks
- Electromagnetic strike
- Panic hardware for fire exits
Our steel doorsets are manufactured and supplied as follows –
• 2 x 1.2mm thick ‘Rustec’ sheets, which are Dutch folded and internally bonded together.*
• 42mm thick ‘Hexatex’ core.*
• 5 year warranty against rust as standard for all colour coated doors.*
* Available on most door-sets in the range
• Single rebate 104mm wide frame with additional rebate for flush lip.*
• A minimum of six fully adjustable fixing points are provided to each jamb.*
• Unique ‘Adjust-2-fit’ side channels with each frame.*
• Double rebate frames are available on request.
* Available on most door-sets in the range
• 3 year warranty against rust as standard for all colour coated doors.*
• Full range of RAL and BS colours available.
• Marine Grade finish is available as an option in salt laden coastal or high chlorination locations.
• Full range of finishes available including, metallics and pearlescent.
• 16-year warranty against rust in a non-saline environment with our optional C5i coating.
• Double ramped threshold available for doors needing pallet truck access. – Require rain-drip & brush seal to prevent water ingress.
• Specialist inward opening threshold available where water ingress is an issue on inward opening doors.
• Single and Double glazed.
• 6mm GWPP/ 6.4mm Laminated / 6mm Toughened / 9mm Ceramic.
• Obscured and frosted options on request.
• 22mm Double Glazed units.
• 22GA Galvanised Steel – louvre blades.
• 50% Free air flow in standard configuration.
• Bird Mesh and Insect Mesh available.
• 36% Free air flow when using insect mesh.
Contact us today and let us help you devise a new fire escape or steel doorset that meets your requirements and expectations.
What are the benefits of a correctly specified fire escape?
Why do you need to carry out a site survey and not give me a standard price for an installation?
Why is it important to carry out a risk assessment?
How will a steel doorset provide protection from the weather and environment instead of a timber door?
Modern Art Oxford
“Thank you so very much, Geoff. I really appreciate you fitting the job in today. Phil was great – courteous and efficient.”
“Just thought I would drop a line and thank you for the help today, exceptional services as normal.”
Do You Require A Service & Maintenance Contract?
- 6 Monthly Servicing
- All Labour Included
- Fixed Cost Contract
- Fully Guaranteed
- Minor Repairs Carried Out
- Comprehensive Checklist
- Detailed Schedule Of Works
- Competent Trained Engineers