Fire Exit & Escapes Door Repairs
- Common spare parts carried on vans
- Minor repairs included
- Adjust speeds of floor spring / transom closer / overhead closer if required
- Check operation for safe escape
- Separate quotation for defects or recommendations
- Prioritise quotations on multiple door sites
Call us on 0808 120 0911 for all your commercial doors repairs, servicing and maintenance.
Common issues and problems for fire escapes which need repairing are:
- Fire risk assessment report highlighting problems with fire doors
- Closing too fast
- Catching on the floor
- Cannot open or not closing
- Intumescent seals damaged or not present
- Hinges worn and noisy
- Not closing and relocking
- Difficult to open
- Vision panel glass loose
The common issues with fire exits are generally caused by lack use as generally they only are tested weekly or generally used in an emergency. There are also some which are used constantly as a means to enter a building so the components will be subject to greater wear and tear.
It is critical that these doorsets are always kept in optimum condition as BS8300 and BS8214 states that manual fire exit doors should be examined twice a year with specific attention paid to panic bars, paddle handles, hinges, pivots and door closing mechanisms.
Our experienced engineers have been trained on the major manufacturers equipment and are backed up with spare parts accounts to be able to repair your fire exits. Our fixed rate call out includes all costs and the 1st hour on site, as we understand that if your door fails it will cause inconvenience and potential loss of business.
We also offer service contract agreements which include preventative maintenance to give you piece of mind at the fraction of the cost of a major component failure to keep your business operational and compliant.
My fire escape is not opening, can you help?
Yes of course, but be aware we cover Oxfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Wiltshire, Northamptonshire, Gloucestershire, Peterborough and Suffolk and depending on the severity of your problem we may be able to offer a same day response.
Is are any of the following your problem –
- When you depress the panic bar, is the door still locked?
- Does the door release but will not open fully?
- Can you escape form the building, but cannot enter from outside anymore?
- Does your key not unlock the door from outside?
If yes, then call us now on 0808 120 0911
My fire escape door is difficult to lock, can you help?
If you are experiencing this call us now as it could be a simple realignment of your door will rectify this.
Can you fix my door on a call out?
Common spare parts are on our engineer’s vans specifically for Fire escape doors, aluminium doors including pivots, hinges and closers.
“Thanks to your engineers for all their hard work over the past couple of days. Very impressed by the work and conduct, and all doors are functioning like new.”
“Just thought I would drop a line and thank you for the help today, exceptional services as normal.”
Modern Art Oxford
“Yes I would recommend them too – really professional and competitive, much better than larger national companies I’ve used before.”
Do You Require A Service & Maintenance Contract?
- 6 Monthly Servicing
- All Labour Included
- Fixed Cost Contract
- Fully Guaranteed
- Minor Repairs Carried Out
- Comprehensive Checklist
- Detailed Schedule Of Works
- Competent Trained Engineers