Glass Door Repairs
Most are attached to the surrounding structure by means of patch clamp fittings or rails which hold the glass in place. These parts need to be correctly tightened with a torque wrench to ensure that there is no movement and have service items fitted which will wear over time and usage.
Many of the common faults are due to lack of maintenance or people are unaware of these serviceable parts and think they need a new door system.
- Out of alignment causing glass to touch adjacent glass or frame
- Door handles loose
- Door not secured at the top
- Cover plates loose or missing
- Closing too fast
- Difficult to lock and having to lift it up to close
- Not closing or not opening fully
- Catching on the floor causing damage
- Access control or electronic lock not always engaging
We also offer service contract agreements which include preventative maintenance to give you piece of mind at the fraction of the cost of a major component failure to keep your business operational and compliant. Particularly we have a specific schedule of work we carry out to ensure that all of the patch fittings and clamps are at the correct force to grip the glass and stop it from moving and keep your doors in alignment. To back this up we carry the serviceable parts for glass doors from the leading manufacturers such as Dorma and Geze on our vans.
My glass door is not closing, can you help?
Is are any of the following your problem –
- Is the glass touching another part of the door system?
- Is the lock fully retracted?
- Is the door closing dangerously?
- Is there oil present at the top of the door?
- Is the door binding on the floor?
- Is your door difficult to lock?
If yes, then call us now on 0808 120 0911.
My glass door is difficult to lock, can you help?
If you are experiencing this call us now as it could be a simple realignment of your door will rectify this all included in our fixed call out rate.
Can you fix my door on a call out?
Common spare parts are on our engineer’s vans specifically for glass doors, aluminium doors including pivots, hinges and closers.
Henmans Freeth Solicitors
“The contractors today were really a pleasure to have them in the building, very polite and helpful, left the area in a very clean and professional manner.”
“Thank you for sorting out the repair.”
“I would highly recommend BH Doors. Professional company who you can trust.”
Taylor Walton Solicitors
“Thank you once again for the prompt efficient service your company has dealt with our faulty doors.”
“John and Phil have fitted the new closure this morning quickly with as little disruption as possible and Phil left the windows on the door gleaming. “
Do You Require A Service & Maintenance Contract?
- 6 Monthly Servicing
- All Labour Included
- Fixed Cost Contract
- Fully Guaranteed
- Minor Repairs Carried Out
- Comprehensive Checklist
- Detailed Schedule Of Works
- Competent Trained Engineers