Revolving Door Repair At TripAdvisor In Oxford Science Park
We were initially called to site as the door had become difficult to push and was making a noise when rotating which was travelling throughout the building. On further investigation it was apparent that the bearing had failed. We provided a quotation to replace both the top and bottom bearings and then returned at the most convenient time to carry out the works.
The main entrance also has a disabled access automatic swing door which could be used to give access into the building whilst we barriered off the area to carry out the work. The work was carried out in 2 stages as you would need to remove the door leaf and centre spider to gain access to the bearings.
Due to the many different bearings used by different manufacturers it is important to change them like for like. With all of the system removed we cleaned the mat well and the underfloor mechanism and ceiling as this would be easier with the doors removed.
We boarded up the entrance for safety and security and once the bearings were removed, we purchased the exact replacements and returned the following day.
The other important item is the bottom locks which due to their location will always contract dirt and water. Each time they are used the pin goes into a hole in the floor ring and then retract back into the lock case. We removed all of the locks, cleaned and lubricated them to ensure a smooth and easy operation. On completion cleaned all of the door system including the drum, glass, doors, flooring then tested and demonstrated to the customer.
We also offer service contract agreements which include preventative maintenance to give you piece of mind at the fraction of the cost of a major component failure to keep your business operational and compliant.
Our service and maintenance include –
• Planned in advance at your most convenient time
• Safety barriers being deployed to designate a safe working area and letting you know we are working
• Specific schedule of works
• Minor repairs included
• Separate quotation for defects or recommendations
• Removing covers of operators to gain access for inspection
• Checking torque settings of all fixings to glass
• Opening panels and moving items to gain access
• Cleaning the equipment and components
• Risk assessing the equipment taking into account it’s environment
• Recommendations for risk elimination or reduction
We believe that preventative maintenance servicing reduces the failure of equipment. This is backed up with the level of service you require as we understand that when a door fails it affects your business.