DDA Automated Doors At Dept. Of Politics, University of Oxford
Automation of 3 doors for DDA access for students in wheelchairs at University of Oxford.
- Doors too large and heavy to open.
- Doors also have integral access control
- All glass doors
- Doors closing too fast causing a noise when closing into the frame.
- Automate single leaf as wide enough to accommodate wheelchair user.
- Record DFA127 automatic swing operator which would allow interface with access control and concealed locking so when a person presents their card the door would unlock and open for them. Then after a time the door will automatically close and relock</li>
- Install external barrier onto the outward opening doors to eliminate the risks.
- Reposition proximity card readers onto the end of the barrier
- Install additional push pads in more convenient locations at an accessible height