Covid 19 – adapting to a new way of working, keeping people safe and services operable
In the light of the uncertainty surrounding the recent outbreak of Covid – 19, our priority continues to be the well-being of our customers and employees, and we are committed to ensuring that our front-line customer service operates in the safest way for us all.
We would like to reassure customers that we are taking all necessary steps to follow the guidance given by the government and the world health organisation at this time.
- Working from home
- Increased distance of desks within the office
- Hand sanitiser at the entrance of the office and all desks
- Engineers have additional PPE, gloves, face shields and always wear masks
- Additional cleaning of vans internally and externally
- Adapted working on site to minimise face to face contact
- Engineers travelling separately in their own vans
- Adapted procedure for reporting sickness and inclusion for self-isolating
- To follow and adhere to any changes in customers procedures
- Additional risk assessment procedures for engineers on site
- Oxford University Estates
- Oxfordshire NHS
- Peterborough City Hospital
- Papworth Hospital
- Oxfordshire County Council Schools
- South Oxfordshire Housing Associations Care Homes
We have continued to offer our services since the 1st lockdown and will be continuing to be available carrying out service, maintenance and repairs for all of our customers.