Contactless Doors – adaptations to reduce the spread of viruses
Solutions for existing doors – adapting door handles
This will mean that a person will not use their hand to grab or touch the door handle but use their forearm as an example.
For Fire doors – the installation of a hold open device (Dorguard)
As we are a registered approved Fireco installer, we can install and set up the Pro Range of products which include the ‘Dorguard’
This device attaches to the bottom of the door and is battery operated. It is set up so when the fire alarm sounds it will automatically remove the door stop and the fire door will close by the door closer.
All of the solutions are available for all types of commercial buildings including –
- Leisure centres
- Care homes
We will arrange a survey to carry out an assessment as to which of the solutions are most appropriate on each door. This would then allow us to provide a quotation to supply and install them at the most convenient time.
It is important to frequently wash your hands and any surface that a person’s hand could touch.
There should be an increased cleaning regime within the building and anti-bacterial available where washing is not possible as an example at the entrance to the building.
From the government guidelines it states –
Social distancing at work
To maintain 2m social distancing wherever possible, including while arriving at and departing from work, while in work and when travelling between sites.
You must maintain social distancing in the workplace wherever possible.
- Where the social distancing guidelines cannot be followed in full in relation to a particular activity, businesses should consider whether that activity needs to continue for the business to operate, and, if so, take all the mitigating actions possible to reduce the risk of transmission between their staff. Mitigating actions include:
- Further increasing the frequency of hand washing and surface cleaning.
- • Frequent cleaning of objects and surfaces that are touched regularly, such as door handles and keyboards, and making sure there are adequate disposal arrangements.
For further information please click here.
If you would like further information or to arrange a survey contact us
Do You Require A Service & Maintenance Contract?
- 6 Monthly Servicing
- All Labour Included
- Fixed Cost Contract
- Fully Guaranteed
- Minor Repairs Carried Out
- Comprehensive Checklist
- Detailed Schedule Of Works
- Competent Trained Engineers