Weston Library, University Of Oxford Library – Main Entrance Door Repair & Service.
4 x Geze SLNT bi-parting sliders with 4mt door leaf’s.
- Very high foot fall, one of Oxfords most visited places.
- Doors are constantly working 12 hours a day, every day.
- Due to height of operator and weight of doors additional wear is being placed on mechanical components (extreme case the track has broken, see photo).
- Increased amount of breakdowns.
- More frequent servicing carried out when the library is closed to allow easier access.
- Replacing rollers and guides more frequently.
- Plan in place to replace every track before they potentially fail.
- More reliable doors leading to fewer breakdowns.
- Cheaper to replace wearing components than to be left to fail causing damaged to more components and increasing the repair cost, thus saving time and money