Baldock Scout Hut is a multi-use building used as a playgroup, meeting room, social room and for their HQ.
The existing timber doors had suffered by exposure to the elements and there was water ingress into the building.
- The doors were difficult to open as binding in the frame and on the floor.
- Door rotten and building potentially insecure
- Doors susceptible to the wind as no closers were fitted
- Risk of entrapment as no protection at the hinge point of the doors, so a persons fingers could be crushed
- Access not sufficient for a wheelchair / pushchair as the gap was insufficient
Our solution was –
- New commercial aluminium entrance doors
- Powder coated in the Scout group colours.
- One leaf is larger than the other to allow easier access
- A canopy has been installed to reduce the ingress of water into the building
- 3 point locking
- Integral anti-finger trap door leafs