The Leisure Centre had manual doors which were wooden, only had single glazing, were susceptible to wind, had insufficient opening space for a wheelchair and were difficult to open for infirm, elderly and children.
The solution was to have modern automatic sliding doors.
- More robust and stronger due to midrail
- Energy saving as more insulated
- Colour matched to existing framework
- Double glazed
- Wheelchair accessible
- Door opens when it is approached from either side automatically, no need to touch the door
- Does not open towards persons entering the centre
- Safety sensors to detect stationary or slow moving persons near the door
- Linked to fire alarm system for escape
- Self-monitoring to ensure safe compliant operation